Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pilipinas: St. William's Cathedral, Laoag Belfry & Macy's Diner


The “Pilipinas” series is this blogger’s way of expressing how beautiful the Philippine Islands are. This is a detailed account of his experiences while backpacking through the majestic islands of The Pearl of the Orient.




I woke up to the sounds of the bells of St. William’s Cathedral. My intention for the early rise was to capture the sunrise silhouetting the belfry. I grabbed my jacket for it was really cold at that time. After passing a block, I witnessed an amazing picture of the belfry. Too bad the electrical lines got in the way of my shot.




After grabbing breakfast at Mc. Donald’s, I went back to the hotel to prepare my stuff. I was scheduled to visit the windmills that day. Before boarding the bus to Pagudpod, I availed of my free breakfast courtesy of Tiffany’s (Breakfast at Tiffany’s!). I really need to be full for the long travel ahead. I was instructed to go to Macy’s just right below.




Macy’s is not your ordinary food park. It’ll remind you Pop Tate’s Cafeteria made famous by Archie Comics. Macy’s also has James Dean memorabilias all over the place. I had Ilocos Norte’s famous longaniza and boy was it good! Its longaniza is much firmer compared to Pampanga’s. Plus, the unique garlic taste makes it more “katakam-takam” among others.


No comments: